What is the criteria for a student being enrolled at Lyrebird College?
To be eligible for enrolment at Lyrebird College, all students:
- Must have a medical diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Must have A psychological diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder
- May have an associated development delay
- Must be aged between 5 (by 1 May of their first year of schooling) and 18 years
What happens when there is a vacancy?
A vacancy may arise when:
- a student moves from one program to the next because of his or her age or developmental progress
- a student leaves Lyrebird College
- a student graduates (is integrating independently at his or her local school)
- additional places become available due to the availability of additional resources
When a vacancy arises the following will be considered when determining the enrolment of a student:
- where the class vacancy exists
- existing cohort and classroom dynamics of the class
- age of student
- parent commitment and involvement
Will I be given the opportunity to speak to my enrolment application?
Yes. Offer of a place is subject to an interview of parents/guardians and child. Following this the Admissions Committee will meet to determine offer of enrolment.